Human Services AKA Municipal Welfare

Human Services administers general emergency assistance for poor individuals and families seeking emergency financial assistance with emergency basic needs.  Requests may be made to this office through a written application process, including an initial assessment intake. All decisions are made free of bias, and in a strictly confidential manner. Eligibility is based on a financial review of basic needs and available applicant resources. 


New Hampshire Health and Human Services can provide you will access to:
SNAP - Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program 
TANF - Temporary Assistance fore the Needy Families
OAA - Old Age Assistance
APTD - Aid for the Permanent and Totally Disabled 
New Hampshire Home Owners Assistance Funds:
This program has helped pay many of our resident's pay their past due taxes, liens, and sewer bills.
Application: - New Hampshire Housing (


NH Fuel Assistance:
Apply today at Fuel Assistance Program (FAP) | bm-cap

Staff Contacts

Name Title Phone
Karyn L. Chagnon Clerk (603) 753-9188 Ext. 2301
Nicole E. Hoyt Overseer of Welfare (603) 753-9188 Ext. 2310