Community Services

May is National Mental Health Awareness Month, mental health does not discriminate one age, race or income. If you or someone you know needs help with mental health, call the Mental Health Hotline at 9-8-8 or 9-1-1 for emergency help. It’s never too late to seek help. 

What you need when applying for General Assistance:

Current Full Application within the last 2 years (Intake form yearly)

Last 30 days of bank statements

Last 30 days of pay stubs

Current Year Income Tax Return (2021)

If you are applying for rental assistance a Health Safety Inspection is due prior to assistance granted. Call Life Safety Officer Kellee Easler at Ext 2309 to set up an appointment.

Welfare Administrator may ask for other documents needed at the time of assistance.

General Assistance is considered a loan from the Town for short term emergency assistance and will require a re-payment plan to be set up when assistance is granted.The application must be fully completed with all supporting documentation as listed on the application, and signed by all adult household occupants.

Application approval is based on income vs expense ratio and case by case emergencies.

We strive to connect residents of Boscawen with the appropriate resources for long term needs. The applicant must be willing to partake in the application process of longer term assistance with the appropriate agencies.

Once the Welfare Administrator receives your application and appropriate documents a phone interview will be set up. Applications are accepted in person, by drop box, email, mailed in to Town of Boscawen 116 N Main Street. Once you application is recieved an appointment will be set up. Please call 603-753-9188 Ext 2303 for any further questions.

Please allow 24 hours for any return phone.

    Are You Experiencing Homelessness? What Are The Steps You Should Take?

Step 1:

         Get in contact with CAP-Community Action Program Homeless Outreach.

Homeless Outreach Intervention Program provides "on the street" outreach workers to engage the hard-to-serve street homeless and assist them in gaining access to appropriate shelter and other services for which they are eligible.

For information call Freeman Toth (603) 856-9014 (Concord, NH) 

Step 2:

    Call the local Shelters (list provided) until you can obtain stable housing. Shelters can provide you with a lot of local resources to help you get back on your feet. Ask your friends or family to stay with them temporarily until you are able to find a permanent solution.  Family is legally Liable to be the first to help.


      Do you have income? Do you need help looking for a job? Filing for Social Security?

 Income is important resource to have to obtain permanent housing. There are jobs out there for EVERYONE.

If you need help filing for Social Security or Social Security Disability you will need to call 603-225-8475. This can be a lengthy process but its important that you meet the deadlines that they give you.        

There is help and programs available to those that want to work towards the ultimate goal of over coming homelessness.

Staff Contacts

Name Title Phone
Sarah E. Gerlack Community Service Director (603) 753-9188 Ext. 2303